Corn Purée Ice Cubes
4 ears of corns
1 pinch of salt
1. Husk four ears of sweet corn.
2. Boil them for 10 minutes, then set them aside to cool. Retain 6 cups of the cooking water.
3. Cut the ears in half, cut off the kernels and slide them into a blender.
4. Bring the retained cooking water and trimmed corn cobs to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, creating intensely corn-flavored water.
5. Strain cooking water into the blender.
6. Blend corn kernels, corn water and a pinch of salt on high until puréed.
7. Strain puree through a chinois, pushing out as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
8. Pour the strained purée into standard ice cube trays, cover and slide into the freezer.
Makes about 20 ice cubes.